Sometimes, a girl just needs more snooze.. but that doesn’t mean that breakfast should be skipped. NO NO NO! If you want to start the day right, skipping breakfast is definitely not the right way to do it. However, who says sleep needs to be compromised either. 😛
Below is a simple French Toast I prepared this morning using the healthy stuffs in my inventory. It’s super simple, I think I did it while still half-asleep, in my pajamas, while waiting for the water to fill the rim of my pail (for a morning bath 🙂 )
Because, again, BREAKFAST is important. Skipping meals is a NO NO. But sleep also matters. 😀
Time consumed: 5 minutes
What you’ll need: 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 1 medium sized egg, 1/3 cup non-fat milk, 1 tbsp honey, 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder,
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Grease it lightly. I just sprayed a lil olive oil to mine but you can use butter/ margarine as well. The latter will result to a tastier toast.
- While preheating, you can combine and whisk together egg, milk, honey and cinnamon. Do so until smooth.
- Soak the bread slice in the mixture until saturated. I do mine one at a time so it wouldn’t be messy. x_x I know some people will dip all slices at once (it depends on you, really 😀 ) One more thing, doing french toasts using whole wheat bread is less messier that doing it with white bread since the slices can hold more mixture. White breads got easily soggy and soaked in the mixture. (go wheat bread, go! ^_^) anyway, going back…
- Now you just have to transfer the bread unto the preheated pan. Cook until golden brown, that’s about 1 minute. Flip and do the same for the second side.If you want to toast it a bit more, you can put a lid on top.
- Slice french toast in half (or eat them as is rawwwr!).
- You can serve it with honey or (personally, I prefer) fruits. This morning, I just ate it with a banana.
This breakfast is heavy and despite the challenges at the workplace,I didn’t feel any hunger at all before lunch time. It also satisfies my sweet tooth. 🙂
I do hope you’ll try it. Let me know what you think about it. Or if you have another version yourself, kindly share below so I can try making them myself. 🙂
To health and happiness 😛 ,